Multimodal transport from Port to Euregio for deepsea and shortsea containers
- The Barge Terminal is primarily an inland container transport operator, and a maritime terminal for deepsea and shortsea containers.
- Three dedicated barges with capacity between 150 - 300 TEU each plus occasionally chartered barges, are sailing continuously between Born and all the terminals in Rotterdam and Antwerp, transporting over 3,000 TEU per week.
- Barge Terminal Born is specialised in taking care of the total logistic operation of the inland container transport for forwarders, carriers and shippers, including Customs facilities.
- Developed in conjunction with the customers, these logistic approaches have resulted in efficient, reliable sharply priced tailor-made operations.
- The terminal is a Customs area ‘Entrepot C'. This enables our clients to move their containers with minimal Customs procedures and documentation. Barge Terminal Born will take care of it by qualified personnel working at Waalhaven Douane Service B.V.
- Transporting via Barge Terminal Born saves the environment and leads to less CO-2, NO-X and sound emissions.
- In 2011 BTB has been awarded the "Lean & Green” Award.
- Daily multimodal connections by Barge and Truck to mainports Rotterdam and Antwerp
- Transport of containers by barge between Rotterdam, Antwerp and Born
- All inclusive container logistics, from ports to door and vice versa
- Trucking to destinations in Limburg, Germany and Belgium. Operating a fleet of >50 trucks and >95 chassis
- Cargo handling, Storage, Repair and Cleaning, Customs entrepot C, AEO-certified, SQAS-assessed
- Storage for full and empties
- Container repairs
- Gas measurement
- In-house Customs services
- VGM weight certificate
Barge Terminal Born can provide you with a VGM certificate whether or not in combination with onward transport via barge. Avoid truck multi-stop, reduce your road mileage, bypass the traffic jams and minimize your carbon footprint by using the BTB terminal one-stop shop product.
Barge Terminal Born is situated in Limburg and serving the area between Roermond, Weert, Genk, Liege, Aachen, Düren, Heinsberg and Mönchengladbach.